How sustainable is a coodo?
Sustainability means to produce something in a way that
- makes it serve its purpose entirely
- while using only the absolute minimum of resources and
- extending the time of use to, ideally, infinity. Regarding its sustainability, we must ask ourselves if and to what degree a coodo comes up to the abovementioned requirements…
Does a coodo serve its purpose?
The purpose of a coodo is to release stress. In order to achieve this purpose, the coodo provides its customers with an opportunity to get out of a dense city environment and spend more time in nature. But it has to do so without producing new stress caused by fears of
- a high investment
- complicated zoning or building laws and/or
- the longterm commitment to a fixed location.
The coodo circumvents this kind of stress, because it
- provides a smart alternative to other naturerelated housing
- offers an uncomplicated installation approval process (subject to local legislation)
- is, due to its portability, independent of a fixed location and can be transported by truck to any suitable place, which you can reach easily, if you choose a smart space outside the city.
Meaning, deep and enduring relaxation can be obtained without flying to the obvious holiday spots, leaving a substantial carbon footprint. Plus, you don’t live in an impersonal hotel room, but in your own coodo. With everything in it – your music, your books, your stuff, the things you like to eat and drink – you feel at home. This way, you can relax from the first minute on.
Especially kids love living in a coodo, because in nature, they can act out their instinctive sense of agility. By discovering nature, they establish the most important frame of reference for their entire life. By watching plants grow, they comprehend the principle of sustainable growth. By living close to wild animals like birds, rabbits and deer they learn to have respect for life and joy in diversity. By growing up in nature, they develop a strong inhibition against exploiting it. These are important lessons, not only for our children, but for all of us if we want to learn to share the planet in a peaceful, ecological and communal manner. In essence, a coodo is not made for the quick fix of inner city stress with the only aim of empowering people to seamlessly get back into the same stress again. The true objective is to fight stress at its root by learning to see life differently: Natural, relaxed and from a joyful perspective. In this respect, a coodo more than fulfills its requirement to release stress.
Does a coodo serve its purpose using only the absolute minimum of resources?
We think yes. Because which other form of housing serves its purpose (the safe, weather independent and longterm habitation of people) with a similar consumption of resources than a coodo. Traditional houses do the job, but need many more resources. Tents need less resources but lack in performance.
A coodo, meanwhile, serves both requirements. Because it was originally planned to do so. It all starts with the design. In Feng Shui the house is considered square, while nature is round. With a coodo however, the borders blur because the walls, forming the interface between house and nature, are rounded, lending the coodo its perfect energetic harmony.
Starting on the conceptual level, a coodo’s sustainability is selfreferential down to its very last item:
A coodo lasts very long, because its corrosionfree, waterresistant shell consists of the glass fibre reinforced polyester which rests on a robust frame of corrosionresistent steel. But it can also be made of other natural materials like fibreC—completely natural material— thin concrete with integrated glass fibre. The window frames are made from aluminium.
A coodo offers a healthy form of living in comfort, due to its low-pollutant, ecological compatible and mostly natural materials and its intelligent installation scheme:
- perceptibly balanced wellness atmosphere thanks to a coodo’s thermal, hygienic, acoustic and visual ease
- micro-filtered ventilation and air moisture system for a stable atmosphere, free of dust and pollen
- optimal acoustics due to planned partitioning layout
A coodo is energy-conscious. To minimize energy consumption, we employ only the latest smarthome technologies:
- low energy cost due to innovative insulation
- high performance 3-pane insulation glass (according to the strict German RAL standards)
- airtight concept and warmth recovery according to the German ‘Passivhausstandard’ PHPP (passive house standard, meaning: the house doesn’t need external heating)
- deck planking made from recyclable bio material (WPC)
- all household appliances according to the German energy efficiency class A (top)
- modern lighting technology using LED and the Slovenian ‘Smarthouse’ wireless technology.
A coodo is intelligent and easy to use. Its contemporary loft design allows for a relaxed lifestyle with a maximum of living ease at a minimum of maintenance and care:
- attractive ecological and economical building cost balance caused by minimal acreage
- low installation and usage costs
- optimal floor utilization due to extensive glazing, accessible roof terrace and spacious outer area with planting facilities and pergola
- flawless security: automatic CCTV, electronic card reading access system, security glass, standardized emergency safety system
A coodo is eco-friendly. Its components are chosen to save resources and protect the environment during the entire product cycle from production to recycling. From cradle to cradle, the coodo puts all its efforts into structural sustainability:
- integral planning, implemented by an optimized building supervision and documentation
- avoidance of unnecessarily long transport routes
- preferred sourcing of regional materials (all components made in the EU)
- high performance recuperator to gain energy from spare warmth and coldness
- hybrid system allows optimal integration of regenerative energies (solar, wind, water etc.)
As a houseboat, it is called watercoodo, and it
- fits into many marinas, with max. 15 x 4,60 m measurements (without special requirements) similar to many sporting boats
- is placed on an individually constructed ponton, built of a special concrete
- has an optional roof terrace with wpc floor
- offers a special connection with nature through water-based living.
A coodo is modest, because due to its flexibility and its compact form it is free to follow the lay of the land and consider its cardinal points.
A coodo adapts to nature, not the other way round.
The coodo’s minimal aesthetic signifies a culture of minimal consumption. No tree has to fall for a coodo to stand. Because a coodo touches the ground only in a few tiny foundation points. It stands as if it were on tiptoe. Nature can stay just the way it was.
The coodo fulfils its purpose and does so through cautious consumption of natural resources.
But for how long can it do this?
For a fairly long time. Due to the fact that the coodo is neither bound to an owner or a place.
It can change hands and locations and it will always be fun to live there.
A mobile society demands mobile living
Many of us want to be free to choose our next experiences without being tied to a specific place. A traditional house, however, is built according to the needs of its owners. If they change, it has to be elaborately rebuilt, renovated or, if its technology is out-dated, torn down. Which consumes a great deal of resources and produces vast quantities of waste. With a coodo you can take your own house to your next field of dreams, your new location of destiny and experiences. On our website, you’ll soon find many of these locations, and we will continue the search. Should you know of a good coodo location, contact us and get rewarded if we choose yours.
One can drastically reduce the aging process of the coodo by regular upkeep and with the replacement of used parts. The depreciation of the coodo is markedly reduced through this attention. It is a strong assumption that the demand for coodos will rise in the future for even in metropolitan areas with high real estate prices it allows for a life in nature. This is a great yearning of many urban dwellers and as the size of cities increases so will the desire to live a simpler life closer to nature. Living with nature, however, is the most pressing desire of people living away from it. The more the cities grow, the more this desire will, too.
A coodo creates its own space
The last thing that we, the builders of the coodo, want is to accelerate urban sprawl. This phenomenon is mainly driven by traditionally built houses. The coodo doesn’t need as much space and is mainly self-sufficient, therefore it can activate areas as housing land which up to this point could not be used. The large window panes include the surrounding nature into your experience of roominess. It replaces the well-worn real estate key figure of floor space with a new one: The head space. The room you feel. As a houseboat, at the latest, the coodo can use even the remote riverbanks and lakes that surround many cities as first rate recreational living areas.
You can invite friends as well as business associates, clients and colleagues to co-work, co-think, co-enjoy and co-chill.
A coodo is interesting as an investment, too
The fascination starts out with the coodo’s unique combination of high value design, functional equipment, and an attractive purchasing price without substantial follow-up costs.
A coodo also has its mid- and long-term charm, because of
- the visionary housing technology
- the sustainability of product and company
- the unlimited mobility and
- the at least mid-term exclusive position in the market will preserve its investment value for the foreseeable future
The risk of a sudden decrease of maintaining value due to external factors, on the other hand, is excluded. If new zoning laws or the building of a new road in the vicinity diminish your living experience, you just pack up the coodo and move it to a better place.
The coodo presents itself as a solid investment which can pay back not only to the owner but to further generations, too— be it by reselling, renting, sharing or other creative marketing channels yet to be explored. As an interesting detail: in Germany, a coodo is taxed as a mobile asset.
All in all, the coodo is a real option in times of a high demand for living space, scarse land to build on and high real estate prices, especially for people for whom the impact and ethical consequences of their actions is important.